MTN officially presents prizes to Hit Maker winners

MTN Ghana has officially presented prizes to Naterial and Miriam, winners of the MTN Hit Maker music reality contest GH¢100,000 and GH¢50,000 respectively in Accra.

Their prizes included a year’s promotional package and other souvenirs. Mrs Cynthia Lumor, Corporate Services Executive of MTN, speaking at the presentation ceremony on Friday said the career sustainability of the artists involved in the reality show was their concern.

She said event was part of the company’s economic empowerment programme to invest in talents.

Mrs Lumor said the money would be kept in an account and used it to promote the music careers of the two winners.

Mr Franklin Sowah, Representative from the Marketing Department of MTN, said 10 per cent of the cash value of the present would be given to the winners while the other 90 per cent would be given to their producers to produce their albums.

“The 10 per cent of the cash would be deposited in the MTN mobile money wallet of the winners,” he said.

Mr Sowah told the GNA that the money, which would be given to the producers, would be done in stages, as and when a stage was completed.

He said the sole aim was to promote quality of music produced in the country and improve the music career of the youth interested in becoming musicians.

Naterial, who emerged the overall winner, expressed gratitude on behalf of the other winner to the management of MTN for given them the platform to showcase their talents.

He promised to produce good and quality music to entertain the good people of Ghana.