Two-year-old boy burned to death
Tragedy struck a family at Krapa in the Ejisu Municipality at the weekend when the room in which a two-year-old boy was sleeping caught fire and burnt him to death.
The incident happened at about 2000 hours.
Electricity supply to the area had been interrupted and the mother of little Adu Asem, had left a burning candle in the room as she went out to buy some items from a nearby shop.
An uncle to the deceased, Mr Isaac Prah told the Ghana News Agency (GNA) that while the mother was returning, she saw their three-bedroom apartment engulfed in flames. She raised the alarm and fire fighters were called in.
It took the fire fighters about an hour to put it out and recover the charred body of little Asem.
The Ejisu Police confirmed the incident and said the body had been deposited at the Juaben Government Hospital for autopsy. The Police have launched investigations into the incident.