Malaysian Side Terengganu Deny Derek Boateng Approach
Posted On Thursday, 8th November 2012
Malaysian top flight side Terengganu have quashed reports that Ghana midfielder Derek Boateng will be joining the Turtles next season.
TFA president Datuk Che Mat Jusoh clarified on Thursday that they have not had any contacts with the 29-year-old defensive midfielder.
“We are still having tryouts for players. We have tested several players from Oman, Ghana and Ivory Coast but Boateng is not one of them,” he said at a press conference at the TFA headquarters on Thursday.
Mentri Besar Datuk Seri Ahmad Said had announced last month that T-Team were eyeing Boateng.
Che Mat reiterated that the TFA have not approached Boateng or made him any offers.
“We are looking for a foreign defensive midfielder or defender. We are actively searching but nothing has been finalised yet,” he said.